- We highly recommend a participation in a national cup race or IKSA Eurocup race (see here) before the WC, it’s for your own safety and the safety of others.
Every nation must designate a representative for questions and clarifications or complains, a national team leader. There will be a meeting of all national team leaders every morning after breakfast.
- The start numbers will be given due to current world ranking at the 16.07.2012.
- The official IKSA rules concerning Eurocup and Worldcup races apply to this event. See: IKSA rules
- Footbike requirements: Minimum wheel size 12 inch and at least one efficient front brake (no mini/micro scooters with a rear foot brake), except kids races
- Every athlet takes part at him/her own risk. Every athlet must wear a helmet.
- The organisation has the right to do doping controls during the World Championships.
- Every athlet competing in the event has to mount an AMB mylap chip on the right side of the fork, a second chip for a reserve footbike can be registered for your startnumber and must be ordered before by the inscription. For athletes who do not have their own AMB chip, these can be rented for 5 Euros for the whole WC but needs to be ordered with the inscription. Chips can also be bought before the WC, for example here: AMB Chip
The rules below are additional or for clarification for this WC:
- 400m Tartan track, one round, flat, running start is not admitted. Spikes are not allowed.
- The race will start for all categories with a qualification lap, done individually with a gap of 30sec between each athlete.
- After the qualification lap the qualified athletes enter the next round. The number of qualified athletes depends on the number of registered athlets in their category. Place 1-4 will be determined in the finals.
- For Eurocup and DTC ranking points will given according to the qualification times of all competitors.
- Wendelinuspark, hilly and curvy, all smooth asphalt.
- Running start is admitted.
- 13 km or 2 1/3 rounds from 16 years on, 7,4km or 1 1/3 rounds from 13-15 years on.
- For kids and pupils there is a separate race on the relay course.
- Starting order for the first 30 riders of each gender due to the following method (approved by all IKSA countries):
- 1 to 5 according to ranking WC sprint qualifying from 2.8.
- 1 to 5 according to World ranking at WC begin
- 6 to 10 according to ranking WC sprint qualifying from 2.8.
- 6 to 10 ranking World ranking at WC begin
- position 21-30 according to ranking WC sprint qualifying from 2.8.
- rest followed by random order
- When the first man finishes his race, all men finish their round and the men race ends. When the first woman finishes her race, all women finish their round and the women race ends.
- World champion titles will be assigned for each category: cadets, juniors, seniors and veterans both women and men.
- From 16 years on 42,195km, 24 rounds of 1,75 km, City St. Wendel, flat curvy course, smooth asphalt roads.
- For cadets the distance will be 10 rounds or 17,5 km, for pupils 5 rounds or 8,5km
- Running start is admitted.
- World champion titles will be assigned for each category: cadets, juniors, seniors and veterans both women and men. Pupils will race but not for worldchampion titles.
- Starting order will be according to the results of the criterium for the first 30 starters of each gender.
- Women seniors, juniors, veterans and all pupils and cadets start together in the first race at 14.00. When the first woman finishes her race, all women finish their round and the women race ends.
- Men juniors, seniors and veterans start together in the second race at 16.00. When the first man finishes his race, all men finish their round and the men race ends.
- The race will be 20 min plus 1 round at the parking area Wendelinuspark, one round 950m.
- A relay team consists 3 people of the same gender and the same country.
- Teams have to be nominated before, best by the official WC website, latest at the WC until 2. August, 6 p.m. in the evening. Late registration at the relay day is not possible.
- Each team will race on one footbike with AMB mylap chip that has to be passed from one racer to the next every lap. It’s not allowed to race more than one round in series, changing the racer after each round is obligatory.
- Every team should assign a reserve footbike with its AMB chip which it can use in case of technical problems.
- World championship titles will be assigned for men and women, no matter which age category. Mixed gender teams count as a men team.